WHY BECOME A TUTORAX LANGUAGE STIMULATION AGENT (LSA) ?
Tutorax is currently looking for Language Stimulators across Quebec who would like to join our team to provide language stimulation sessions to children between the ages of 2 and 12. Although we offer our services to a wide range of ages, our agents have the opportunity to choose the type of clientele they are most comfortable working with.
As an ASL at Tutorax, your main tasks will be
- Conduct language stimulation sessions
- Help your young clients optimize their language development or support them if they have a language disorder
- Motivate and coach your young clients
- Plan language stimulation sessions
- Keeping you up to date with Tutorax training
Our language stimulation service is available in the home, anywhere in Quebec (it can be adapted to be offered online, depending on the case).
Examples of areas we serve :
- You decide your own schedule (weekday evenings and/or weekends)
- Regular or occasional language stimulation meetings
- Opportunity to work directly in your neighbourhood/area
- Support and mentoring circle
- Free of charge trainings
- Be legally authorized to work in Canada (have a social insurance number).
- Not have any legal impediment related to the job or any legal charge pending.
- Be available during the day and/or at the end of the day and/or on weekends to work a minimum number of hours.
Hold a DEC or AEC in:
- Childhood education techniques
- Special education techniques
- Child care education techniques
- AEC in language stimulation*.
*Critère non obligatoire, mais très pertinent
*Non-mandatory criteria, but very relevant
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics
- Bachelor’s degree in psycho-education* (B.Ed.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary/Secondary Education
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology
- Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in Special Education
*For these programs, it is important to have had previous courses in linguistics.
SLPs and ASLs are self-employed individuals with their own teaching styles, methods and materials. This is not a job application.